Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blogs for Reflections

When I started this blog, the plan was for all of us to use this platform to reflect on how we are using technology in all our different areas. I knew I was going to use it for reflection, but I never thought about translating that into a plan for my students.

This semester (one of the takeaways from ISTE), I plan to have my students blog about their experiences instead of writing a reflective journal. That way, they have a platform that feels more natural to them, and we all have a way of sharing and building our PLN. Also, it will help reinforce the notion of confidentiality with undergraduate candidates. We will be using Blogger, since we are already using Google Docs for our tests and lesson plans. This is just another tool I want them to have in their tool box, the building of reflective practice. They seemed to be excited about it when I announced it in our first class, and we will see how it goes.

Now if I can just get all the other Taylors' on board with developing reflective practice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment